Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 600 winning bets. Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 606-569-23
- Season Record: 172-182-5
Southern Illinois -2.5 vs Bradley
- Bradley is really thin at the moment. This team has found a lot of success in the MVC Tournament as of late, but with just six scholarship players available I think they struggle here against the Salukis. I am taking a chance and fading the two time defending MVC Champions based on their lack of depth alone
- Southern Illinois is coming off two close games against one of the country’s best squads, Loyola Chicago. Both games were decided by 8 points or fewer despite the Salukis being nearly 20 point underdogs. Their 5-13 conference record is not the most appealing, but they already beat this Bradley team once back when they were at full strength
Oklahoma State vs Baylor, Over 148
- Oklahoma State has averaged 78 points per game during their recent five game winning streak. Their first matchup with Baylor was a 81-66 loss in Waco, but they played that game without freshman sensation Cade Cunningham. The likely first overall pick should make this a much more competitive and high scoring game tonight
- Baylor has cashed the over in seven of their last eight games. Their once stout defense has fallen off as of late, allowing over 70 points in three consecutive games after only doing so in three of their 17 prior contests. After seeing Iowa State drop 72 on the Bears home court, I am sure the Cowboys can put up similar offensive numbers this evening
Texas vs Oklahoma, Over 143.5
- Texas is 14-8 to the over this season. They are averaging 75 points per game. The first matchup between these two teams totaled 159 points, easily cashing the high. I expect an extremely competitive game once again and feel like this betting line is a bit too low. This will likely come down to the final few possessions
- Oklahoma has lost three consecutive games and a win today would go a long way in improving their seeding this March. They allowed an average of over 78 points per game over this stretch and will need to make major adjustments to slow down these Longhorns. Austin Reaves will likely have another 20-point performance
Colorado -10 vs Arizona State
- Colorado is 8-3 against the spread at home this season, winning by an average of 18 points and covering by approximately 7.5 points per game. The elevation at Boulder may be the best home court advantage in the country, especially in a season where fan attendance is minimal
- Arizona State has lost four consecutive road games themselves. This team has finally strung together a couple of victories, but they came against very weak competition in Washington and Washington State. They are banged up pretty significantly and I doubt they keep things close against a Top 25 opponent here
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!