Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past two years I provided readers with over 800 bets and have done exceptionally well to start the season. Betting write-ups will posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 468-406-18
- Season Record: 32-19-2
Florida Atlantic -5.5 at North Florida
- This North Florida basketball team is not very good. They have lost all five games to start the season by an average of 21 points per defeat. I do not see them getting there first win of the season here today, even at home for the first time. They welcome a visiting team not too far away in Boca Raton
- Perhaps the biggest hole in this North Florida squad is their defense. The Ospreys have struggled containing their opponents in every game thus far. They are composed primarily of underclassmen and it seems that they are very lost on the defensive side of the basketball
- Florida Atlantic is not a juggernaut by any means, but this is certainly a spot I believe they can cover and win. While they had two losses to start the season, they have bounced back with big wins over FCS schools, and that is approximately the level at which North Florida seems to play
Southeast Missouri State +4 vs Lipscomb
- Lipscomb has dropped three games in a row. They are a team that the public usually likes to load up on during slates with little to no games. While their losses to Arkansas and Cincinnati are excusable, their loss to Tulane is not. There is no way I can take them minus points here
- Brad Korn’s Redhawks have improved since last season. They are a very experienced group that can score far more consistently than in years past. While the three ball is still a key part of their offense, it is not as heavily relied on for Southeast Missouri State this season
- This is scheduled to be a home and home series resolved over the next three days. If Southeast Missouri State is going to win either of these basketball games, it will more than likely be the one in Cape Girardeau. I am taking them plus the points here on Monday
Loyola Marymount vs UC Santa Barbara, Over 139.5
- Vegas seems to be having a bit of trouble with Loyola Marymount to start the season. After two overs cashed easily, they adjusted the line far too high. Now it is back down to striking range and I am hitting it here as the Lions play the Gauchos of UC Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara put up 92 points on their home court in an opener against Division II Saint Katherine. They were far superior on offense compared to defense last season. I think they keep things close in this game but both teams make it past 70 points without issue
- Joe Quintana leads this Loyola Marymount team and can really light up the scoreboard from the point guard position. I think that both teams will find scoring today through the guard positions even though neither are well adept at stopping opponents inside of the paint
Let’s win today Playmakers! I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!