Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past two years I provided readers with over 800 bets and have done exceptionally well to start the season. Betting write-ups will posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 451-392-17
- Season Record: 16-5-1
Richmond vs Kentucky, Over 144.5
- Both of these teams opened the season by dropping more than 80 points on Morehead State. Now they are facing off against one another in what should be another high scoring affair. Kentucky should get close to 80 points again here, but I also expect Richmond to keep this game tight
- This is a Richmond team that may make some noise again this season. Last year they finished 24-7 with a very balanced offense and defense. Their offense has improved far more over the course of this offseason and they are now much more reliable at scoring points inside of the paint
- Kentucky has reloaded once again. Scoring center Olivier Sarr was a huge get for Coach Calipari through transfer, but the remainder of the team is primarily freshman. Brandon Boston and the players around him know how to score, but it will take a handful of games before their defense starts to look good at this level
Arizona State -34.5 vs Houston Baptist
- This Arizona State team ranks inside the top ten nationwide in terms of offensive efficiency. They are playing Houston Baptist who has been one of the worst defensive teams in the country for the past decade. The Sun Devils are a near lock for 100 points today
- In their season opener, Houston Baptist lost to TCU by 24 points. Considering the pace at which the Horned Frogs play and their lack of offensive firepower, that was a blowout. When they face Arizona State this afternoon, they will have their hands full at the defensive end
- The Sun Devils are led by guard Remy Martin who started the season with an excellent performance. However, his last game against Villanova saw him score just five points in 37 minutes. Today feels like one where Martin can showcase that he is one of the best guards in college basketball
North Florida vs Miami, Over 148
- I like this little in-state rivalry game to close out my betting card. This North Florida team is not very good on the defensive end, already giving up 80 and 86 points in their first two games this season. Jim Larranaga’s team should put up 80, if not 90 points with ease in this one
- I anticipate this Miami team to be much improved from the squad we saw on the court last season. While the ACC schedule will be tough, these athletes should cruise to victory in their first few games. This is their first game of the year so hopefully the defense takes some time to find its rhythm
- Miami seniors Kameron McGusty and Chris Lykes should lead the team in scoring. You may notice that Lykes is a very small guard, but he creates space extremely well and can score both inside and outside of the paint. Sam Waardenburg is their best defensive player but he will unfortunately miss the entire season with injury
Let’s win today Playmakers! I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!