Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 500 winning bets. Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 543-489-22
- Season Record: 104-102-4
Mercer vs Citadel, Over 175.5
- We have a pretty ridiculous total here but I still like the high today in what should be a real shootout. The Citadel plays at a faster tempo than any team in the country and that pace is usually enough to produce quite high final scores. Both teams could end up scoring 90 points this evening
- These teams are a combined 12-4 to the over this season. Mercer is averaging a healthy 80 points per game while The Citadel is currently putting up a whopping 89 points per contest. Their offense has been red hot but on the defensive side of the ball they are still quite underwhelming
Furman vs VMI, Over 160
- Similar to our first bet, all signs are pointing to the over here. Furman has cashed the over in nine of ten games this season and has been averaging 85 points per game. This total is a lot lower than the first and more manageable against the poor defense of the Virginia Military Cadets
- Through five Southern Conference games, VMI ranks first in offensive efficiency and dead last in defensive efficiency. Dan Earl’s team has always been more focused on scoring than defense and that same theme holds true here today. I think Furman wins this one with a lot of points scored
Wake Forest +11 at North Carolina
- North Carolina is 4-9 against the spread this season. They opened the season with two big wins, but after that every victory has come by fewer than twelve points. The average margin of victory for the Tarheels is just three points. I think this one stays close from wire to wire
- Similar to the close games being played by North Carolina, we see Wake Forest in several tight contests these past few weeks. Against an inexperienced team like the Tarheels they should be able to hold their own as they were able to versus Virginia Tech and Duke on the road
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!