Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 500 winning bets. Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 541-485-22
- Season Record: 102-98-4
Arkansas Pine Bluff vs Alcorn State, Over 142
- Arkansas Pine Bluff is 8-4 to the over this season while Alcorn State is 6-1. They have both been going over the projected total by an average of ten points per game and I think in this matchup we see both teams easily top 70 points. It should remain competitive from start to finish
- Alcorn State can really score the basketball well, but severely struggle when it comes to playing defense. They had been giving up an average of 94 points per game up until their first victory of the season Saturday. I like their deep bench and the fast tempo they play as a result of that depth
- In the Southwestern Athletic Conference no team has been better offensively than Arkansas Pine Bluff. Junior Shaun Doss has been a scoring machine and this team should be putting up more points than even in conference play after a very brutal schedule to start the season
Baylor -8.5 vs Kansas
- Baylor is the best team in the country. There was some concern for me to declare that after their hot start shooting from three, but they have maintained their efficiency on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. I think they stomp Kansas here at home
- Kansas mounted a late comeback against Oklahoma State but ended up falling short in what is really an embarrassing loss for this program at home. Their defense is good, but I think they lack the offensive firepower to beat the Bears. They are averaging just 75 points per game
- Baylor is 10-2 against the spread this season. Good teams win but great teams cover. If this team is truly going to be the ones cutting down the nets in April as I suspect, they should continue to defend their home court with big wins in conference play. Their only home loss last season was against these Jayhawks
UNLV -12 vs New Mexico
- These teams played one another on Saturday and UNLV was able to walk away with a 77-54 victory. Two game series have been common across the country this season, but in the Mountain West Conference I have noticed the second outcome is usually very similar to the first
- New Mexico is 2-7 against the spread this season. They have really struggled to find reliable scoring even with a group of upperclassmen running the show. Having not won a conference game to this point, I seriously doubt they will be able to until back playing in Albuquerque
- Bryce Hamilton continues to campaign for MWC Player of the Year. He is averaging 21 points per game and just dropped 19 on New Mexico this weekend. Lastly, the MWC has had more blowouts than any other league with 16 of 38 games being decided by at least 20 points
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!