Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 500 winning bets. Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 536-478-22
- Season Record: 97-91-4
UCLA -9 vs Washington State
- The Bruins ranks tenth in offensive efficiency across the country. No team has shot the ball better so far in conference play and their threes have been falling at a very impressive rate. They are winning home games by an average of 15 points and I expect them to dominate again here
- Noah Williams is a major contributor for Washington State but sounds doubtful to play this game due to a lower body injury. If he is unable to suit up, the Cougars would be starting four freshman and UCLA very likely runs away with this game. The Bruins are the far superior team offensively
- UCLA is 8-3 against the spread this season. In any conference you are expected to beat up on the basement teams and that is particularly true here in the conference of champions. Washington State does not have the offense to really challenge the top teams in the Pac
Longwood vs Winthrop, Over 152.5
- Winthrop is 9-2 to the over this season. This is a relatively low total for their standards, and I think that if Longwood show up it will be an easy cover. The Lancers are averaging 67 points per game and may even top that total tonight playing in such an up-tempo matchup
- The Eagles are perfect this season and averaging 87 points per game at home. No team in the Big South can keep up with them offensively, largely due to the play of seniors Chandler Vaudrin and Adonis Arms. I think it is more likely they finish undefeated than with a single loss
- I touched on the tempo of this game but no team in the country plays at the pace of Winthrop. Their games average 78 possessions and on offense they use an average of just 14 seconds per trip. This will likely be a track meet for visiting Longwood who have struggled all season defensively
Morehead State vs Eastern Illinois, Under 133.5
- This is a gross game to bet on, but I really think it stays low scoring. Morehead State is staying under by an average of 11 points per game. They have cashed ten of eleven unders thus far too. Really no team is as slow or offensively inept in the Ohio Valley Conference
- Eastern Illinois started conference play fine, but they are having trouble finding consistent scoring and points inside of the paint. Josiah Wallace is their best player but the experienced team around him is lacking shooters. They should win, but stay well below 70 points total
- While the offense has not gotten any better since last year, Morehead State has significantly improved on the defensive side of things. Their young center suffered and ACL tear in the fall, making way for LJ Bryan and Johni Broome who are far better rim protectors
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!