Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 500 winning bets. Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 532-475-22
- Season Record: 93-88-4
Virginia Tech +1.5 vs Duke
- Virginia Tech is 7-4 against the spread this season while Duke is just 1-6. Today’s game is essentially lined a pick’em, but I am not going to ignore the Hokies here as a home underdog. I feel they should be favored in this matchup and are being overlooked despite their 9-2 record
- Duke’s offense has looked good thus far in conference play, but you can make an argument that they have played the three worst defenses in the ACC. Facing a team ranked inside the top 50 in defensive efficiency will be a very difficult task for this inexperienced group
- Jalen Johnson is a game time decision for Duke, but I am doubtful he contributes much even if he were to play. The freshman has not seen game action since early December. The team with also be without several bench pieces and assistant coach Chris Carrawell
Toledo -9 vs Eastern Michigan
- Toledo is 11-2 against the spread and are far and away the bet team in the MAC. Marreon Jackson has put together a fantastic senior season and I expect this squad to run through Eastern Michigan tonight. Their offense is red hot and shooting the lights out thus far in conference play
- At home this season Toledo has been winning by an average of 14 points per game. I think it is very likely they finish the season undefeated at Savage Arena, especially with how well they have been playing as of late. Rob Murphy and the Eagles have their hands full this evening
- These teams already faced off once this season and the Rockets secured a 91-74 victory on the road. Toledo had no problem scoring inside the paint versus EMU as they went 20-30 on two-point attempts. I am expecting similar production here in another lopsided affair
USC -14 vs California Riverside
- The Trojans raised a lot of eyebrows in their recent road series, beating Arizona and Arizona State rather handily. They started conference play red hot and now get the day off versus the visiting Highlanders. I think they cruise to victory here given this significant step down in competition
- USC has really started to put things together on the defensive side of the ball. They have allowed opponents to shoot just 41 percent over their past four games and should easily hold Riverside under their average 63 points per game. 80-60 is my final score prediction
- This is the first and only Quadrant I opponent for Riverside this season. Their 4-2 record is really quite deceiving and this is a game that will truly tell us a lot about Mike Magpayo’s squad. They have the size advantage over most opponents but certainly not versus these Trojans
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!