Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 500 winning bets. Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss a pick on days with abbreviated slates. And if you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 531-472-22
- Season Record: 92-85-4
Minnesota vs Iowa, Over 161
- Today starts with the usual. Iowa is 9-3 to the over and continues to put up historic offensive numbers each and every game. These two teams played once already and the shot that forced overtime also cashed the over. That final was 102-95 on Christmas in Minneapolis
- While the Hawkeyes are putting up 92 points per game, Minnesota has been averaging a respectable 80 of their own. Their offense is not nearly as potent on the road this season but I trust Iowa to capitalize if the Golden Gophers struggle. They are out for revenge this afternoon
- Both teams play very up tempo and average fewer than 16 seconds per offensive possession. While the Iowa offense is far better, Minnesota still takes smart shots and ranks inside the top 25 regarding offensive efficiency. If they can manage 75 here we are in excellent shape
Loyola Chicago -7.5 at Indiana State
- Loyola Chicago was scheduled to face undefeated Drake this weekend, but that series fell through due to covid issues on the Bulldogs team. After preparing all week for a date with the conference’s best team, they should come out here and dominate a much lesser Indiana State squad
- The Ramblers have a 59 percent effective field goal rate and mix their scoring very well inside and outside of the arc. Cameron Krutwig is a force at center, and I do not see the sophomore frontcourt of Indiana State slowing him down one bit here. Loyola should win by double digits
- I was a bit concerned to see the Ramblers’ lose two road games already this season, but they came by mere points against Richmond and versus a very good Wisconsin squad. Drake was able to win two games in Terre Haute so I expect this team to do the same
Illinois -9.5 vs Maryland
- Maryland had no answer for Luka Garza in their last game out. They lack the size and discipline needed to defend big centers inside the paint and that will likely be a major issue today as they face Kofi Cockburn. I do not see them keeping this game all that close
- Illinois is 8-4 against the spread and winning home games by an average of 25 points. Ayo Dosunmu is quietly playing some of the best basketball in the country and this offense is damn hard to defend as a result. No team has really looked better since the start of conference play
- The Terrapins have struggled to play defense all season and now they face two juggernauts back-to-back. While they often force opponents into long offensive possessions, they are eventually breaking. A team like Illinois will punish you if you cannot get stops and turnovers
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!