Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 600 winning bets. Now it is March Madness and every bet slip you cash is a little bit sweeter! Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss any other college hoops action.
If you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 649-607-21
- Season Record: 215-220-5
Houston +5.5 vs Baylor
- Houston cruised to the Final Four, playing a very soft schedule of opponents. The games were competitive for the most part but that is just the brand of ball the Houston Cougars like to play. Their suffocating defense has held opponents to a mere 43.3 effective shooting percentage and allowed under 56 points per game during this tournament
- Baylor has yet to be matched with a team as well rounded as Houston. Teams with great defenses did cause the Bears issues, but Houston has the offensive efficiency to match their opponent on both sides of the ball. I think Kelvin Sampson slows the game down and the larger guards on Houston play outstanding defensively
- Houston has gone 20-10 against the spread this season. This is just the second time they have been an underdog all season. Getting plus points here is extremely attractive as logic indicates this comes down to the wire. I think it is a low scoring game, but Vegas does as well. The current line of 135 is just a few points short of tempting me
UCLA +14.5 vs Gonzaga
- These teams are both undefeated against the spread in this tournament. UCLA has fought extremely hard to get to this point. Their defense is outstanding, allowing just 60 points per game. To no surprise, this it the largest spread they have faced on their five-game winning streak. I however am not fading the team that already cashed four times as a dog
- Gonzaga’s tournament run was that of a hot knife through butter. Their offense is a headache to contain, as they limit turnovers and rebound well. Shooting 61 percent as a team is absurd and there is no signs of stopping them anytime soon. However, UCLA can limit possessions and cause scoring droughts. If Juzang’s shots are falling, they can keep this close
- Mick Cronin has not let opponents speed up the tempo at all on the Bruins. This is one of the slowest teams against one of the fastest, which is a battle he should win. If they can cause more 20 second possessions from the Zags, they can win this game. An effective game script for UCLA causes me to bet them against the spread, and perhaps take a look at the under
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!