Hello Daily Play Action! Anthony Marro here happy to share my NCAA Men’s Basketball picks for the college hoops season. Over the past three years I provided readers with over 600 winning bets. Now it is March Madness and every bet slip you cash is a little bit sweeter! Betting write-ups will be posted exclusively on DPA almost every day, but be sure to follow my Twitter too so you won’t miss any other college hoops action.
If you want to try out a website to bet on my picks, I highly recommend using Bovada for their user-friendly format and awesome deposit bonuses!
- Overall Record: 634-600-21
- Season Record: 200-213-5
Syracuse vs West Virginia, Over 147
- These are two top 15 offensive teams doing battle in what should be an awesome matchup. Bob Huggins versus Jim Boeheim, it really doesn’t get better than that. Although these coaches may be known for their defensive approach, they have bucket getters on their roster. I expect the winner to have score to 80 here today
- I was wrong to think Buddy Boeheim only has a spot on this team being the coaches son. He went 7 for 10 from beyond the arc in the Orange’s first game, scoring 30 total points. The Mountaineers have talented shooters of their own in Jalen Bridges and Miles McBride who should hoist up just as many long balls
Arkansas +2 vs Texas Tech
- This is a rat line if I have ever seen one, but I am taking the bait. Arkansas is the better team here. Texas Tech had to fight tooth and nail to get past Utah State on Friday, as did Arkansas versus Colgate to a lesser extent. These teams are eerily similar from a numbers perspective, ranking 13th and 14th overall on KenPom
- Connor Vanover played just four minutes in Arkansas’ first game. It seems the 7’3 big man could be dealing with an injury, but the more likely case is that Colgate’s run-and-gun offense kept him off the floor. Today he will likely see a lot more playing time, clogging the lane on Texas Tech’s long and developing possessions
Houston -7.5 vs Rutgers
- This game pits two elite defenses against one another. Rutgers played well in an ugly game against Clemson in the first round of the tournament where their offense did just enough to get the victory. However, they are miles behind Houston on offense with no reliable shooters outside the paint or at the stripe
- Houston has allowed the lowest effective shooting to opponents in the country. Their competition shoots with just 43 percent accuracy as this smothering defense forces opponent errors and tough shots. DeJon Jarreau will play for the Cougars tonight, giving them another offensive weapon
Oregon State vs Oklahoma State, Over 141
- The battle for OSU will be decided here (don’t forget the real OSU lost to Oral Roberts). Oregon State has been on a crazy run dating back to their conference tournament. They have gone 6-1 to the over in their past seven games and will do battle with the best scorer in the country this afternoon
- Oklahoma State is 7-2 to the over in their last nine, averaging a healthy 79 points per game. They play at one of the fastest tempos of remaining tournament teams and will likely try to keep the pressure on Oregon State all game. Cade Cunningham has become a notoriously slow starter, but comes alive to score a majority of his points in the second half
I am confident in every pick that I provide and play them myself. College basketball is unpredictable and that’s why we love it, so always bet smart!