Hey Playmakers!!! We’ve got you on a first look Core-5 of MLB DFS Picks to get your lineups started, as well as a few additional plays to consider. These picks work for both DraftKings and FanDuel. We’ll be researching and digging for the best plays throughout the day, so be sure to keep an eye out for our Stack Report, and Premium Core plays closer to lock. Without any further ado, here is the July 26th edition of DPA’s ‘Leading Off’ Core 5:
P | Joey Luchessi | San Diego Padres | $7,100 FanDuel | $7,700 DraftKings
Opponent: San Francisco Giants
1. The Giants have the second lowest implied team total of the night with 3.7 runs.
2. Luchessi allows you to get bigger bats on both sites.
3. SF is hitting a meager .210 Vs. Luchessi in a small sample of 29 at-bats.
4. SF has a .140 ISO vs. LHP this season.
5. Luchessi has 8.6 K/9 over his last 20 starts.
Also consider: Zack Greinke (ARI), Micheal Pineda (MIN).
1B | Ji- Man Choi | Tampa Bay Rays | $2,400 FanDuel | $3,500 DraftKings
Opponent: Jacob Waguespack (Toronto Blue Jays)
1. Choi is projected to bat lead-off tonight. Increasing his chances to score points.
2. The Rays have an implied team total of 5 runs.
3. He’s playing in the hitter friendly Toronto Rogers Centre.
4. Platoon Advantage vs. Waguespack.
5. Choi provides much need salary relief tonight.
2B | Jason Kipnis | Cleveland Indians | $3,000 FanDuel | $3,300 DraftKings
Opponent: Jacob Junis (Kansas City Royals)
1. Cleveland has a 5 run implied total tonight facing Jacob Junis.
2. Another value bat on both sides opening up more salary for bigger bats.
3. Projected to bat clean up tonight with the platoon advantage.
4. KC’s bullpen is 29th vs. LHB this season.
5. Junis is giving up a .183 ISO and .348 wOBA to lefties this season.
Also consider: E. Encarnacion (NYY), D. Gregorius (NYY), G. Torres (NYY), P. Goldschmidt (STL), R. Devers (BOS), , X. Bogaerts (BOS), C. Vazquez (BOS), D. Santana (TEX), L. Voit (NYY), R. Odor (TEX), J. Altuve (HOU), J. McNeil (NYM), J. Ramirez (CLE), T. Edman (STL), R. Nunez (BAL), K. Bryant (CHC), L. Arraez (MIN), M. Sano (MIN, J. Donaldson (ATL), F. Freeman (ATL).
OF | Byron Buxton | Minnesota Twins | $3,200 FanDuel | $4,100 DraftKings
Opponent: Dylan Cease (Chicago White Sox)
1. Cease is struggling vs. RHB this season, giving up .333 ISO and .337 wOBA.
2. Buxton was slashing .249/.308/.490 prior to his most recent stint on the IL.
3. Buxton has great steal potential with 13 steals on the season.
4. The Twins have an implied total of 5.5 runs tonight- 3rd highest of the slate.
5. Cease is allowing 37.5% hard contact this season which should lead to a few HR given up tonight.
OF | Joc Pederson | Los Angeles Dodgers | $3,600 FanDuel | $4,700 DraftKings
Opponent: Anibal Sanchez (Washington Nationals)
1. Batting lead-off for a team with one of the highest implied totals on the slate with 5.3 implied runs.
2. Sanchez has struggled vs. LHBs this season allowing .234 ISO and .359 wOBA.
3. Joc has a .313 ISO and .387 wOBA vs. RHP this season.
4. Washington’s bullpen is 27th vs. LHBs this year.
5. Joc is hitting .375/.375/1.250 against A. Sanchez last 8 PA.
Also consider: Jackie Bradley Jr. (BOS), M. Betts (BOS), J.D. Martinez (BOS), C. Yelich (MIL), G. Springer (HOU), Y. Alvarez (HOU), S. Ohtani (LAA), M. Trout (LAA), R. Laureano (OAK), R. Acuna (ATL), E. Rosario (MIN), N. Cruz (MIN) A. Hicks (NYY), A. Judge (NYY), T. Pham (TBR), C. Bellinger (LAD), A. Verdugo (LAD).
Joey Zanette is a DailyPlayAction MLB expert, and shares his player research/projections for MLB on DraftKings and FanDuel. Joey plays on both sites himself, and although he expresses his opinions, he may implement other plays and strategies at his own discretion. For more MLB content, join us on DPA Premium where you can access today’s top stacks, pitcher cheat sheet, and cash game / tournament core plays. For a free 30 day trial and our complete DPA Premium offering, please follow this link and get started today!