Hello and welcome everyone to The Daily Dollar $$$ Value Plays – Week 9 Edition. My name is Joey Zanette, and my specialty is assisting Playmakers in finding the best value plays on the NFL DFS slate for DraftKings! For the format of this article, I am going to provide quick hits on each player to simplify it for those pressed for time.
QB | Matt Moore | Kansas City Chiefs vs. Minnesota Vikings | $4,800
- If Moore takes the reins of this high powered offense again this weekend I like his chances of getting us a 4-5x return on our value.
- Last week, Moore put up good numbers (24-36, 267-2-0) vs. a Green Bay defense that ranks 8th DVOA vs. the pass. This week he will face Minnesota who rank 12th DVOA vs. the pass, a slightly better matchup while operating in an offense with a lot of weapons.
- While Minnesota is no slouch vs. the pass, only 2 weeks ago they allowed Matthew Stafford to put up over 360 yards and 4 TDs through the air.
- If paying down at QB in Cash, I would consider Moore in order to be able to get the high priced RBs you’ll want to jam-in this weekend.
Honorable Mention: Derek Carr | Oakland Raiders | $5,500
RB | Jalen Samuels | Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts | $4,000
- James Conner And Benny Snell have not practiced all week and all signs point to Samuels carrying a heavy workload this weekend.
- At just $4K, Samuels would profile as a “free square” cash play this week. He will be very highly owned, but for good reason.
- The Colts rank 29th in DVOA against the run.
- Samuels is a dual threat RB, and will also command a handful of targets this weekend.
Honorable Mention: Mark Walton | Miami Dolphins | $4,500, Melvin Gordon | Los Angeles Chargers | $5,000
WR | Danny Amendola | Detroit Lions vs. Oakland Raiders | $4,700
- Danny Amendola has hauled in 16 of 19 targets over the past 2 weeks.
- He has exceeded 17.5 DK points in each of the past 2 weeks.
- Amendola posted 105 and 95 receiving yards over the last 2 games.
- Facing CB Lamarcus Joyner (PFF Grade: 35.7), Amendola has the best CB/WR Matchup of the entire week.
- Oakland ranks 29th DVOA vs. the pass and Stafford should continue his high level of play while targeting Amendola and the rest of the Lions receiving core.
WR | Robby Anderson | New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins | $5,500
- Facing the hapless Miami Dolphins, the Jets should be in line for an offensive explosion.
- Due to the recent drought of big plays, Anderson should come in at low ownership.
- Facing CB Ken Webster, Anderson has the 7th best CB/WR matchup of the week.
- Reserve this play for large field GPPs as Anderson is a volatile player with upside.
Honorable Mention: Sammy Watkins | Kansas City Chiefs | $4,900, Keenan Allen | Los Angeles Chargers | $6,400
TE | Jonnu Smith | Tennessee Titans vs. Carolina Panthers | $3,800
- I had my fair share of Jonnu Smith last week, and I will be going right back to the well here again as Delanie Walker is going to be OUT for the 2nd consecutive week.
- Smith has the 3rd best TE/CB matchup this week per PFF, facing off against Eric Reid (PFF Grade: 48.4).
- Last week Smith posted a 6-78-1 statline on 7 targets for 19.8 DK points.
- Jonnu Smith is a fast, athletic tight end who can out-run and out-muscle defenders on contested catches.
- Smith ranks 6th in YAC with 153 in his very limited role thus far this season.
Honorable Mention: Jack Doyle | Indianapolis Colts | $3,000
DST | Washington Redskins vs. Buffalo Bills | $1,800
- At $1,800 you will only need 5.4 DKP to hit “cash game” 3x value, and 9 DKP for 5x value in tournaments, which sets up nicely as a bargain salary saver this week.
- Josh Allen has surrendered 7 INT and 8 Fumbles (3 lost) so far on the season.
- Allen has also taken 19 sacks so far this season.
- This game figures to be a slow, defensive, cagey affair, and has a slate-low implied total of 36.5 points.
Honorable Mention: Carolina Panthers | $2,800
Thank you for joining us as we continue our coverage of NFL Week 9 on DPA Premium. Joey Zanette is a writer and contributor for the Daily Play Action NFL and MLB teams. While he expresses his opinions for the optional use of subscribers, he is free to change his plays without discretion. We encourage you to follow us on twitter at @dailyplayaction and @joeyz_dpa. For more free DFS videos and analysis, subscribe to the Daily Play Action YouTube Channel.